Joshua Rose has a diverse background in civil litigation, ranging from representing fortune 500 companies in complex business disputes to representing individuals in class action, consumer protection, personal injury and employment matters. Since graduating first in his class at the University of Louisville’s Brandies School of Law in 2003, he began practicing in Louisville for one of the region’s largest law firms and continued to do so until 2009. Josh then began practicing in a small firm and started the Abell Rose law firm in 2016. Josh has significant trial and arbitration experience, is licensed in Kentucky and Indiana, and has handled lawsuits and appeals in many state and federal courts.
Josh also regularly advises his business clients on a wide range of issues, including forming and structuring businesses, contracts, and employment issues. If additional legal or other expertise is needed, Mr. Rose guides his clients in the right direction with an eye towards maximizing results while keeping legal costs down.
- Represents individuals in putative multi-state Class Action against health club regarding cancellation fees.
- Represented minor female student in lawsuit against school board and principal arising from teacher sexually abusing student.
- Represented local company in multi-million dollar fraud case against foreign corporation arising from alleged fraud related to technology and equipment sold.
- Represented individuals in multi-million dollar Class Action against county jail arising from illegal strip search policies.
- Represented individuals in putative Class Action against restaurant regarding wage practices.
- Represents consumers in putative class actions regarding illegal notary fees.
- Represented many individuals in significant personal injury and employment matters.
- Consumer Protection
- Class Actions
- Business Litigation
- Small Business General Counsel and Transactions
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith
- Non-Competition Disputes
- Asset Purchase/ Partnership/Severance Agreements and Disputes
- Indiana 2003
- Kentucky 2004
University of Louisville, Brandies School of Law 2003, summa cum laude
- Graduated First in Class
University of Kentucky, B.A. 1999 cum laude
- Kentucky Justice Association
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Kentuckiana: Board Member, Volunteer